Jay-Z announces new album with Samsung deal
NEW YORK (AP) - June 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jay-Z is teaming up with Samsung to release his new album, unveiling a three-minute commercial during the NBA Finals on Sunday and announcing a deal that will give the music to 1 million users of Galaxy mobile phones.
The new album, called "Magna Carta Holy Grail," will be free for the first 1 million android phone owners who download an app for the album. Those who do so will get the album on July 4, three days before its official release, according to a Sunday statement.
Samsung is a leader in the mobile phone market and has been steadily chipping away at Apple's share of the market with its Galaxy phones. The deal with Jay-Z is yet another example of how mobile companies are using music to lure new consumers.
jay z, entertainment
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
27 min ago