Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
NEW YORK (AP) - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis plans to get married this fall.
People magazine says the 53-year-old Louganis will marry paralegal Johnny Chaillot.
The four-time gold medalist is the only man to win consecutive Olympic titles in springboard and platform diving, in 1984 at Los Angeles and 1988 at Seoul.
After his diving career ended, Louganis revealed he was gay in 1994 and announced he was HIV-positive a year later.
Louganis is helping Olympic hopefuls as an athlete mentor for USA Diving. He's also been featured as a coach on ABC's reality diving competition "Splash."
gay marriage, olympics, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 24 min ago
- Windy and cold today 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 10 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 15 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
5 min ago