Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
NEW YORK (AP) - June 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former Olympic diving champion Greg Louganis plans to get married this fall.
People magazine says the 53-year-old Louganis will marry paralegal Johnny Chaillot.
The four-time gold medalist is the only man to win consecutive Olympic titles in springboard and platform diving, in 1984 at Los Angeles and 1988 at Seoul.
After his diving career ended, Louganis revealed he was gay in 1994 and announced he was HIV-positive a year later.
Louganis is helping Olympic hopefuls as an athlete mentor for USA Diving. He's also been featured as a coach on ABC's reality diving competition "Splash."
gay marriage, olympics, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School closings and delays 34 min ago
- Tracking More Snow 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 12 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 34 min ago
- Tracking More Snow
5 min ago