Selma Blair abruptly exits 'Anger Management'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Selma Blair is making a sudden exit from the Charlie Sheen sitcom "Anger Management."
In a statement Tuesday, producer Lionsgate says the actress won't be returning to the FX comedy. The company says it wishes her "the very best" but has no further comment.
Blair's departure comes while the comedy is about halfway through completing its 90-episode order from FX.
The actress's publicist didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Sheen's manager, Mark Burg, declined comment, as did FX.
The sitcom represents Sheen's TV series comeback after he was fired from CBS' "Two and a Half Men" in 2011 after clashing with producers.
Sheen has an ownership stake in "Anger Management."
Blair played a therapist and colleague to Sheen's character on the show. Sunday is her 41st birthday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 46 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
10 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
37 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
46 min ago