Selma Blair abruptly exits 'Anger Management'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Selma Blair is making a sudden exit from the Charlie Sheen sitcom "Anger Management."
In a statement Tuesday, producer Lionsgate says the actress won't be returning to the FX comedy. The company says it wishes her "the very best" but has no further comment.
Blair's departure comes while the comedy is about halfway through completing its 90-episode order from FX.
The actress's publicist didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Sheen's manager, Mark Burg, declined comment, as did FX.
The sitcom represents Sheen's TV series comeback after he was fired from CBS' "Two and a Half Men" in 2011 after clashing with producers.
Sheen has an ownership stake in "Anger Management."
Blair played a therapist and colleague to Sheen's character on the show. Sunday is her 41st birthday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 28 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 6 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
28 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
6 min ago