Selma Blair abruptly exits 'Anger Management'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Selma Blair is making a sudden exit from the Charlie Sheen sitcom "Anger Management."
In a statement Tuesday, producer Lionsgate says the actress won't be returning to the FX comedy. The company says it wishes her "the very best" but has no further comment.
Blair's departure comes while the comedy is about halfway through completing its 90-episode order from FX.
The actress's publicist didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Sheen's manager, Mark Burg, declined comment, as did FX.
The sitcom represents Sheen's TV series comeback after he was fired from CBS' "Two and a Half Men" in 2011 after clashing with producers.
Sheen has an ownership stake in "Anger Management."
Blair played a therapist and colleague to Sheen's character on the show. Sunday is her 41st birthday.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier