Best-selling author Vince Flynn dies at age 47
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - June 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Vince Flynn, a best-selling author of political thriller novels, has died at age 47 after a two-year battle with prostate cancer.
A statement from Flynn's publisher, Simon & Schuster, Inc., said he died Wednesday.
Flynn self-published his first book, "Term Limits," in 1997 before landing a publishing deal. "Term Limits" became a New York Times bestseller. Most of his books centered on the character Mitch Rapp, a counterterrorism operative.
He averaged a book a year.
Flynn announced in 2011 that he had been diagnosed with stage three metastatic prostate cancer.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 7 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 36 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 35 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 33 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 32 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI 39 min ago
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 30 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 43 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
40 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
7 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
36 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite,...
43 min ago