Chris Brown charged with misdemeanor hit-and-run
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Los Angeles city attorney's office has charged singer Chris Brown with misdemeanor hit-and-run and driving without a valid license.
City attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan says the charges filed Tuesday involve a minor accident on May 21 in the San Fernando Valley.
If convicted, Brown would face up to one year in jail.
Arraignment is scheduled for July 15 at the Van Nuys courthouse, but an attorney can appear on Brown's behalf.
Mateljan says the county district attorney's office will be notified of the charges and it will be up to that office and the courts to determine if the case will have any effect on Brown's felony probation in the 2009 beating of singer Rihanna.
A call seeking comment from a Brown representative was not immediately returned Tuesday.
chris brown, hit and run, california, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 20 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- Clouds increase today, showers this evening
46 min ago
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze
20 min ago