Chris Brown charged with misdemeanor hit-and-run
LOS ANGELES (AP) - June 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Los Angeles city attorney's office has charged singer Chris Brown with misdemeanor hit-and-run and driving without a valid license.
City attorney spokesman Frank Mateljan says the charges filed Tuesday involve a minor accident on May 21 in the San Fernando Valley.
If convicted, Brown would face up to one year in jail.
Arraignment is scheduled for July 15 at the Van Nuys courthouse, but an attorney can appear on Brown's behalf.
Mateljan says the county district attorney's office will be notified of the charges and it will be up to that office and the courts to determine if the case will have any effect on Brown's felony probation in the 2009 beating of singer Rihanna.
A call seeking comment from a Brown representative was not immediately returned Tuesday.
chris brown, hit and run, california, los angeles, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 48 min ago
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- Building under demolition collapses in Old...
48 min ago
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
46 min ago