Actor James Gandolfini's funeral on Thursday
NEW YORK (AP) - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A funeral service for actor James Gandolfini is scheduled to take place in one of New York City's largest churches.
The ceremony at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine is planned for 10 a.m. Thursday. It comes after a private wake for the former star of "The Sopranos" on Wednesday in New Jersey.
The 51-year-old actor died of a heart attack last week while vacationing in Italy with his son.
Broadway theaters paid tribute by dimming their lights briefly Wednesday night. Gandolfini was nominated for a Tony Award in 2009 as an actor in "God of Carnage."
new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 33 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ