Actor James Gandolfini's funeral on Thursday
NEW YORK (AP) - June 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A funeral service for actor James Gandolfini is scheduled to take place in one of New York City's largest churches.
The ceremony at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine is planned for 10 a.m. Thursday. It comes after a private wake for the former star of "The Sopranos" on Wednesday in New Jersey.
The 51-year-old actor died of a heart attack last week while vacationing in Italy with his son.
Broadway theaters paid tribute by dimming their lights briefly Wednesday night. Gandolfini was nominated for a Tony Award in 2009 as an actor in "God of Carnage."
new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 24 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 22 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 4 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos