Tatum posts his baby's photo to stop paparazzi
NEW YORK (AP) - June 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rather than go the route of some celebrity parents, Channing Tatum and his wife Jenna decided to release their newborn daughter's baby picture.
According to Tatum, the choice was simple: be hounded by paparazzi, or control the release of the picture. He chose the latter and posted a family photo on his official Facebook page.
While promoting his new action film, "White House Down," with Jamie Foxx, the 33-year old actor said it was important to take "stalking photographers" out of the equation.
"We have paparazzi out in front of everything trying to get the first picture," he said. "And we didn't want to sell it."
Tatum added: "We just wanted to let the fans and whoever wanted to see it, and that's it."
childbirth, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos