Queen's granddaughter Zara Phillips is pregnant
LONDON (AP) - July 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Buckingham Palace says Queen Elizabeth II's granddaughter Zara Phillips and England rugby star Mike Tindall are expecting their first child.
The 32-year-old Phillips, an Olympian, is the daughter of Princess Anne and Capt. Mark Phillips. The child will be Anne's third grandchild, as her son, Peter Phillips, has two daughters.
Zara, the 14th in line to the British throne, competes in three-day eventing, a grueling sport that combines the disciplines of dressage, show jumping and cross country. She competed in the 2012 London Olympics and won silver.
The palace made the announcement Monday, just before the expected birth of the heir to the throne. Prince William and his wife Kate are expecting their first child sometime this month.
Phillips and Tindall were married in July 2011 in Edinburgh. Their baby is expected in 2014.
zara phillips, childbirth, queen elizabeth, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 12 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 43 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 20 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
12 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
43 min ago