Indie music doc At Fest to premiere at Trocadero in Philly!
NEW YORK, N.Y -- At Fest - a documentary about real folk and real music - will premiere Aug. 7 in Philadelphia, Pa., at the Trocadero Theatre, and Aug. 12 in New York City at the Brooklyn Bowl, said a spokesperson at Mastodon Films, a New York-based independent film production company.
"Premiering a new, indie folk music documentary at two major music venues like the legendary Troc in Philly and the Brooklyn Bowl is unprecedented, and a dream come true," said New York-based producer/director James Wallace. Musical acts appearing in At Fest will also perform live at the premieres. Tickets are available at the venue websites.
At Fest follows indie bands like HogMaw, a progressive bluegrass band with small-town roots, and the Philadelphia Jug Band, who have played together for 50 years. Join them as they prepare to play on the main stage of the 50th Philadelphia Folk Festival, one of the oldest and largest music festival in North America. The film also features original music by David Wax Museum, Hoots and Hellmouth, and many more.
"At Fest focuses on the way music connects people and evokes a sense of community," said executive producer, Jen Wallace, who hails from Philadelphia and has attended dozens of music festivals. "By showing stories about musicians who hone their talents in camp areas, and meeting the volunteers who build these non-profit celebrations, we really honor a slice of American life."
"At Fest resonates with basic human experiences - music, love, family," said Jen Wallace. "We've screened the film privately to hundreds of people from all over the world, and it's received standing ovations. When the last credits fade, people feel like they've been on a trip to a special place. And they're sad to leave."
Mastodon Films has partnered with music community website PledgeMusic and streaming media website Vimeo for the independent release of the film, soundtrack, and other merchandise.
Pre-order DVDs and Blu-Rays of At Fest are available at PledgeMusic.com until July 22. At Fest will premiere online at Vimeo.com later this summer. For more information about At Fest, join the At Fest Facebook page, or sign-up for the At Fest newsletter at atfestmovie.com.
*Source: Mastodon Films
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 31 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 29 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 51 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos