Indie music doc At Fest to premiere at Trocadero in Philly!
NEW YORK, N.Y -- At Fest - a documentary about real folk and real music - will premiere Aug. 7 in Philadelphia, Pa., at the Trocadero Theatre, and Aug. 12 in New York City at the Brooklyn Bowl, said a spokesperson at Mastodon Films, a New York-based independent film production company.
"Premiering a new, indie folk music documentary at two major music venues like the legendary Troc in Philly and the Brooklyn Bowl is unprecedented, and a dream come true," said New York-based producer/director James Wallace. Musical acts appearing in At Fest will also perform live at the premieres. Tickets are available at the venue websites.
At Fest follows indie bands like HogMaw, a progressive bluegrass band with small-town roots, and the Philadelphia Jug Band, who have played together for 50 years. Join them as they prepare to play on the main stage of the 50th Philadelphia Folk Festival, one of the oldest and largest music festival in North America. The film also features original music by David Wax Museum, Hoots and Hellmouth, and many more.
"At Fest focuses on the way music connects people and evokes a sense of community," said executive producer, Jen Wallace, who hails from Philadelphia and has attended dozens of music festivals. "By showing stories about musicians who hone their talents in camp areas, and meeting the volunteers who build these non-profit celebrations, we really honor a slice of American life."
"At Fest resonates with basic human experiences - music, love, family," said Jen Wallace. "We've screened the film privately to hundreds of people from all over the world, and it's received standing ovations. When the last credits fade, people feel like they've been on a trip to a special place. And they're sad to leave."
Mastodon Films has partnered with music community website PledgeMusic and streaming media website Vimeo for the independent release of the film, soundtrack, and other merchandise.
Pre-order DVDs and Blu-Rays of At Fest are available at PledgeMusic.com until July 22. At Fest will premiere online at Vimeo.com later this summer. For more information about At Fest, join the At Fest Facebook page, or sign-up for the At Fest newsletter at atfestmovie.com.
*Source: Mastodon Films
- 1 death reported in East Harlem building explosion 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 24 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 4 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 2 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
24 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
58 min ago