Billy Ray Cyrus, wife call off divorce again
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - July 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Country musician Billy Ray Cyrus and his wife are calling off their divorce proceedings for a second time.
Tish Finley Cyrus filed for a divorce last month in Los Angeles, citing irreconcilable differences. But in a statement provided by their publicist on Monday, the couple said they are working on their relationship in therapy.
"We both woke up and realized we love each other and decided we want to stay together," they said.
It said couples therapy after 22 years of being together brought them closer and "really opened up our communication in amazing ways."
It was the couple's second divorce attempt after Billy Ray Cyrus, who rose to fame in 1992 with the hit song "Achy Breaky Heart," filed for divorce in 2010 but he later withdrew the petition.
The two got married in December 1993 and have three children together, including actress-musician Miley Cyrus.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 35 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 28 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 34 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 32 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
27 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos