Denzel Washington is returning to Broadway
NEW YORK (AP) - Julu 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Denzel Washington is returning to Broadway - but he won't be singing.
Standing with his wife, Pauletta Pearson, on the red carpet Monday at the premiere his new movie, "2 Guns," the Oscar- and Tony-winning actor said he's set to appear in a revival of Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun."
"We start previews in March," he said.
Washington then explained his motivation for returning to the stage.
"I'm trying to keep up with my wife. My wife has been doing a lot more theater than me," he said as Pearson smiled.
Washington said they were heading to North Carolina for the National Black Theatre Festival, where Pearson is starring in the award-winning "Power Play."
"I'm looking forward to one day singing," Washington said playfully to Pearson's amusement. "See, I just wanted to get something out of her. She knows I can't sing. But she can sing."
As they walked away, the 58-year-old actor continued: "I can sing. I can sing ... in the shower."
denzel washington, broadway, entertainment
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 1 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 13 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
1 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
21 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
30 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
39 min ago