Rapper Kat Dahlia arrested on DUI charges
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rapper Kat Dahlia has been arrested on DUI charges and resisting arrest without violence.
Dahilai, whose real name is Katriana Huguet, was arrested early Tuesday in Miami Beach. Jail records show she's being held on $2,000 bail. It's not immediately known if she has an attorney. Huguet turned 23 the day before her arrest.
The arrest affidavit reports that an officer spotted Huguet speeding with the headlights off and pulled her over. The officer noticed a strong smell of alcohol in the car and noted that Huguet had blood shot eyes and her speech was slurred. She refused to perform any sobriety tests and cursed at the officer.
Huguet, of Cuban descent, is known for mixing rhythms like hip hop, R&B and soul.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting attack suspect 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 27 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting attack suspect
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
1 min ago