Rapper Kat Dahlia arrested on DUI charges
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) - July 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rapper Kat Dahlia has been arrested on DUI charges and resisting arrest without violence.
Dahilai, whose real name is Katriana Huguet, was arrested early Tuesday in Miami Beach. Jail records show she's being held on $2,000 bail. It's not immediately known if she has an attorney. Huguet turned 23 the day before her arrest.
The arrest affidavit reports that an officer spotted Huguet speeding with the headlights off and pulled her over. The officer noticed a strong smell of alcohol in the car and noted that Huguet had blood shot eyes and her speech was slurred. She refused to perform any sobriety tests and cursed at the officer.
Huguet, of Cuban descent, is known for mixing rhythms like hip hop, R&B and soul.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ