Valerie Harper starts work on TV movie
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- The UP cable channel said Valerie Harper is filming a TV movie in Canada.
The movie, titled "The Town That Came A-Courtin', is based on a novel by Ronda Rich and also stars Lauren Holly, Cameron Bancroft and Lucie Guest.
UP, which described the movie as an uplifting romance, said Wednesday it welcomed the "inspirational" Harper as part of the project.
In March, the 73-year-old actress said she's been diagnosed with a rare, incurable brain cancer but that she intended to live each moment fully.
Harper gained fame playing Rhoda Morgenstern on television's "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" and "Rhoda."
UP's "The Town That Came A-Courtin'" will air in January 2014, the channel said. It's being shot in Vancouver, British Columbia.
movies, canada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 38 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
36 min ago