85-year-old former La. Governor's wife gives birth
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards' wife, Trina, has given birth to a baby boy.
Edwin is 85 years old; his wife is 34.
A post on Trina Scott Edwards' Facebook page says the boy was born Thursday at 12:52 a.m.
Also on her Facebook page, it says the boy's name will probably be Eli Wallace, after her husband's father.
This will be the third child for Trina and the fifth for Edwin, but it's the couple's first together. They've been married for two years.
Edwin Edwards served four terms, ending in 1996. He married Trina shortly after his release from federal prison for his role in a bribery and extortion scheme.
A reality show about their life, "The Governor's Wife," was supposed to premier on A&E network in June but was delayed.
childbirth, louisiana, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians 9 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 6 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 9 min ago
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade 23 min ago