Fox: 'Glee' Monteith tribute to address addiction
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fox says Cory Monteith's addiction-related death will be addressed in the "Glee" episode bidding farewell to his character, Finn Hudson.
Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly declined Thursday to specify how the character would exit, saying he couldn't confirm Finn would be felled by drugs.
The 31-year-old Monteith was found dead in a hotel room in Canada last month. Tests showed his death was caused by a mixture of heroin and alcohol.
Reilly said at a news conference that the show's producers are working out the details for the episode. Public service announcements related to Monteith's death are planned.
Proceeds from music sales for the tribute will go into a fund in Monteith's honor.
The episode will be the third aired in the new season of "Glee," which begins Sept. 26.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 50 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Autopsy results released in death of Pa. Trooper's wife 4 min ago
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber