Fox: 'Glee' Monteith tribute to address addiction
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fox says Cory Monteith's addiction-related death will be addressed in the "Glee" episode bidding farewell to his character, Finn Hudson.
Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly declined Thursday to specify how the character would exit, saying he couldn't confirm Finn would be felled by drugs.
The 31-year-old Monteith was found dead in a hotel room in Canada last month. Tests showed his death was caused by a mixture of heroin and alcohol.
Reilly said at a news conference that the show's producers are working out the details for the episode. Public service announcements related to Monteith's death are planned.
Proceeds from music sales for the tribute will go into a fund in Monteith's honor.
The episode will be the third aired in the new season of "Glee," which begins Sept. 26.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays 19 min ago
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Video: John Rawlins reports on a slushy start
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally 41 min ago
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
4 min ago