NBC's Brian Williams to take leave for surgery
NEW YORK (AP) - Auigust 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- NBC News anchor Brian Williams will be off the air for a few weeks soon for surgery to replace a knee that was damaged in a high school football game decades ago.
Williams discussed knee replacement surgery in a story by Dr. Nancy Snyderman on NBC's "Nightly News" on Thursday, saying, "If you don't see me around here for a while, this is the reason why."
The anchor of television's top-rated evening news show said he's had three previous surgeries on his right knee, but the pain was becoming more of an issue. When it began costing him sleep, Williams said he realized it was time to take care of it. Williams is 54.
Lester Holt will fill in for him. NBC isn't saying when the surgery will be.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 37 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 36 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 26 min ago
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
37 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking,...
26 min ago