50 Cent pleads not guilty to domestic violence
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rapper and actor 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
His attorney entered the plea on Monday in Los Angeles. The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was silent during the hearing.
He was charged after Daphne Narvarez reported that he had trashed her Toluca Lake condo and kicked her during an argument. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed.
Jackson was ordered to return to court on Sept. 4 and told to stay away from Narvarez, not make calls to her, and to get rid of his weapons.
50 cent, entertainment
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash