50 Cent pleads not guilty to domestic violence
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Rapper and actor 50 Cent has pleaded not guilty to domestic violence and vandalism charges involving an ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his child.
His attorney entered the plea on Monday in Los Angeles. The performer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was silent during the hearing.
He was charged after Daphne Narvarez reported that he had trashed her Toluca Lake condo and kicked her during an argument. Police said property worth $7,100 was destroyed.
Jackson was ordered to return to court on Sept. 4 and told to stay away from Narvarez, not make calls to her, and to get rid of his weapons.
50 cent, entertainment
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 41 min ago
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Teen wounded in Point Breeze shooting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
41 min ago