Elton John recovering after having appendix out
LONDON (AP) - August 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- Elton John is recovering after an operation to remove his appendix.
The musician's publicist says John had the surgery last week at Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco, near his home in the south of France.
Last month the musician canceled a series of shows as he was treated for an inflamed appendix and surrounding abscess.
He said at the time that his infected appendix had been "a ticking time bomb."
He was treated with antibiotics and his publicist said Monday the appendix has been removed.
In a statement on his official website last week, John said the many get-well cards and messages he'd received from fans "have touched me deeply."
The 66-year-old musician is expected to perform in London Sept. 2, when he receives the Brits Icon Award.
england, elton john, entertainment
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 14 min ago
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
14 min ago