Michael Ansara, TV and movie actor, dies
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Michael Ansara, a television and movie actor whose roles included a Klingon on "Star Trek," has died.
A longtime friend and spokesman for Ansara says the actor died Wednesday at his home in Calabasas, Calif. after a long illness. He was 91.
Besides the "Star Trek" role, Ansara appeared on dozens of TV shows, including "Broken Arrow," ''Law of the Plainsman," ''I Dream of Jeannie," ''Hawaii 5-0" and "Murder, She Wrote."
His film credits include "Julius Caesar," ''Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea," ''The Greatest Story Ever Told" and "The Comancheros" with John Wayne.
Ansara was predeceased by his son, Matthew, with former wife Barbara Eden. He is survived by his wife of 36 years, Beverly, a sister and a niece and nephew.
hollywood, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids