Man arrested in burglary attempt of Kid Rock home
DETROIT (AP) - August 3,2013 (WPVI) -- Tips from the public led to the arrest on Saturday of a 43-year-old suburban Detroit man following an attempted burglary of a home owned by musician Kid Rock.
The man was arrested at his home in Oakland County's Independence Township, north of Detroit, according to Undersheriff Michael McCabe.
Two tips were made to the sheriff's dispatch center, McCabe said in a release.
The arrest came after surveillance photos from security cameras on Kid Rock's property in Clarkston were released this weekend. The photos showed a man ramming the gate Wednesday afternoon and trying to break into the house. He also was on crutches and failed to get in.
A 1994 Ford Club Wagon van, which was used to force open the gated driveway to the property, also was recovered and impounded.
Born Robert Ritchie, Kid Rock's music is a blend of hip-hop, hard rock, country and Southern rock. He had offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the man's arrest in a post on the musician's website.
The rocker also issued a warning.
"Thank God I was not on the property at the time of this attempted break in," read the website post. "I am an avid hunter and marksman and I will not hesitate to shoot anyone who has myself or family in fear for our lives.
"I take the invasion of my personal space very seriously regardless of who you are."
More information on the case will be released once warrants are authorized by a prosecutor, McCabe said.
An arraignment is expected Monday.
detroit, burglary, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run