ABC: Sandra Oh leaving 'Grey's Anatomy'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- ABC says "Grey's Anatomy" star Sandra Oh is leaving the medical drama after the coming season.
Shonda Rhimes, the show's creator and executive producer, said she's grateful for what she called the actress' "brilliant" work. Rhimes said "Grey's Anatomy" will savor Oh's character of Dr. Cristina Yang in the upcoming 10th season and then give her the exit she deserves.
Oh's publicist didn't respond Wednesday to requests for comment.
ABC said it intends to keep "Grey's Anatomy" on its schedule for years to come and with as many of the original cast as possible.
Others who have left the drama include Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight.
Stars Ellen Pompeo as Dr. Meredith Grey and Patrick Dempsey as Dr. Derek "McDreamy" Shepherd have been with "Grey's Anatomy" since its 2005 debut.
abc, greys anatomy, entertainment
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 16 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run 20 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Grandmother sentenced in Pa. baby's 2009 death
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Police question suspect in Christmas package theft
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Photos: East Passyunk Avenue Tree Lighting Party
- Region prepares for wintry weather
22 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
20 min ago