R&B singer Miguel arrested, suspected of DUI in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- R&B singer Miguel has been arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of drunken driving.
A spokeswoman for the California Highway Patrol says the 27-year-old "Adorn" crooner was pulled over in his BMW X6 just after 2 a.m. Thursday for speeding and driving with tinted windows.
She says officers administered field sobriety tests, and a preliminary test measured his blood alcohol level at 0.10 percent. The state's legal limit is 0.08 percent.
Miguel won the Grammy for best R&B song earlier this year for "Adorn." He also duets with Mariah Carey on her single "#Beautiful."
A spokeswoman for the singer, whose full name is Miguel Jontel Pimentel, did not immediately provide comment about his arrest.
los angeles, DUI, entertainment
- Big fire burning beach homes in Sea Isle City 2 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Fire in Sea Isle City 14 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 9 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
7 min ago