Hit-and-run charge against Chris Brown dismissed
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Los Angeles judge has dismissed a hit-and-run driving charge against singer Chris Brown.
The judge said Brown had reached a civil compromise with the other driver and City News Service says the misdemeanor was dropped Thursday. Brown didn't attend the hearing.
Brown claims he traded insurance information with the woman after his Range Rover struck her Mercedes in Toluca Lake in May.
His attorney says he accidentally gave the woman the wrong insurance information. Mark Geragos also says insurance covered the $800 in damage to the Mercedes.
City prosecutor Patrick Hiscocks objected to the dismissal, saying Brown was still on probation at the time of the crash for assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.
He also says the other driver felt she was "castigated" on social media after the crash.
chris brown, hit and run, entertainment
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92 49 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos