Actor Lee Thompson Young found dead at age 29
LOS ANGELES (AP) - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles police say actor Lee Thompson Young was found dead Monday morning.
Young's manager, Jonathan Baruch, says Young took his life.
The actor started his career as a teenager in the TV series "The Famous Jett Jackson" and was co-starring in the series "Rizzoli & Isles."
He was 29.
Los Angeles police say Young was found dead in North Hollywood sometime after 8 a.m. PDT Monday.
Officer Sally Madera says police were sent to the home to check on him because Young failed to show up for filming Monday morning.
The officers notified a supervisor after finding Young's body, and the Los Angeles Fire Department responded and pronounced him dead at the scene, the police spokeswoman said. She had no details of the cause of death.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 47 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 57 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 6 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more