Dick Van Dyke pulled from burning car on freeway
LOS ANGELES - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- Dick Van Dyke is uninjured after his Jaguar caught fire while he was driving on a Los Angeles freeway.
California Highway Patrol officer Saul Gomez said Monday that the 87-year-old entertainer was not treated or cited at the scene.
The officer said witnesses reported the fire just before 2 p.m. Monday and said that an elderly man was slumped over behind the wheel of the flaming car. Passers-by stopped to help the man, whom police and fire officials identified as Van Dyke.
Arlene Van Dyke posted a video online that showed her husband speaking with police officers and the remains of his burned-out car.
hollywood, fire, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 8 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos