Dr. Oz rushes to scene after taxi jumps curb in NY
NEW YORK (AP) - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- After a yellow cab jumped the curb and struck a New York City pedestrian, Dr. Oz was there.
Celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz heard the accident Tuesday morning outside Rockefeller Center and rushed to the scene to help out. The studio where he tapes his syndicated talk show is nearby.
Oz says in a statement that emergency medical crews were already treating the injured woman who had a bad leg wound. He says a good Samaritan made a tourniquet out of a belt for the woman.
The fire department said the woman was hospitalized. Another victim suffered minor injuries and refused treatment.
new york city, entertainment
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 13 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ