Dr. Oz rushes to scene after taxi jumps curb in NY
NEW YORK (AP) - August 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- After a yellow cab jumped the curb and struck a New York City pedestrian, Dr. Oz was there.
Celebrity doctor Mehmet Oz heard the accident Tuesday morning outside Rockefeller Center and rushed to the scene to help out. The studio where he tapes his syndicated talk show is nearby.
Oz says in a statement that emergency medical crews were already treating the injured woman who had a bad leg wound. He says a good Samaritan made a tourniquet out of a belt for the woman.
The fire department said the woman was hospitalized. Another victim suffered minor injuries and refused treatment.
new york city, entertainment
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ