NJ judge allows taping of Snooki MTV series
BERKELEY TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - August 21, 2013 (WPVI) -- A judge won't stop production of the MTV reality show "Snooki & JWoww" in a New Jersey shore town that's rebuilding from Superstorm Sandy.
Berkeley Township officials and residents fear taping of the "Jersey Shore" spinoff could hinder recovery efforts.
Attorney Ron Gasiorowski tells the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/1d0MHIB ) he's not pleased with the ruling. But the lawyer says the judge has not ruled on his argument that the production violates the town's zoning ordinance.
The property owner is seeking a variance after the town notified him that the home is in an area zoned for residential use.
Neighbor Rocco Vita says tourists haven't flocked to the home during taping. He says the cast says hello and security is very friendly.
snooki, mtv, jersey shore news, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight 55 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ