Metallica to headline at the Apollo
NEW YORK (AP) - August 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- There will be a different type of Sandman featured at the Apollo next month.
Metallica is set to rock the legendary Harlem venue on Sept. 21. They will promote their 3D concert-action film "Metallica Through the Never," released in IMAX on Sept. 27 and other theaters a week later. It will also air live on a special temporary Metallica channel on SiriusXM. The concert is just for SiriusXM subscribers, and invitation only.
The Apollo, revered for its place in black entertainment and historic performances from the likes of James Brown to Michael Jackson, has become a venue for rock legends in recent years, including Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney.
And while the Apollo is known for its "Sandman" character who boots weak contestants during its famous amateur show, "Enter Sandman" is one of Metallica's famous songs.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 19 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 18 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
1 min ago