Metallica to headline at the Apollo
NEW YORK (AP) - August 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- There will be a different type of Sandman featured at the Apollo next month.
Metallica is set to rock the legendary Harlem venue on Sept. 21. They will promote their 3D concert-action film "Metallica Through the Never," released in IMAX on Sept. 27 and other theaters a week later. It will also air live on a special temporary Metallica channel on SiriusXM. The concert is just for SiriusXM subscribers, and invitation only.
The Apollo, revered for its place in black entertainment and historic performances from the likes of James Brown to Michael Jackson, has become a venue for rock legends in recent years, including Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney.
And while the Apollo is known for its "Sandman" character who boots weak contestants during its famous amateur show, "Enter Sandman" is one of Metallica's famous songs.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 51 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
51 min ago