Kate Gosselin sues Jon Gosselin; alleges hacking
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Reality TV star Kate Gosselin has filed a lawsuit accusing her ex-husband, Jon, of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her phone and computer to get material for a tell-all book.
The federal lawsuit says he took the material for a book called "Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World."
The suit, filed Monday in Philadelphia, says the book was written by her ex-husband's friend, tabloid writer Robert Hoffman, but has since been pulled from Amazon because the material was obtained illegally.
The couple starred in the TV show "Jon & Kate Plus 8," detailing life with their twins and sextuplets, before they separated in 2009 and later divorced.
She lives in Sinking Spring, while he lives in Wyomissing. Both are in Berks County, outside Philadelphia.
A lawyer who once represented Jon Gosselin did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
pennsylvania news, philadelphia, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 25 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos