Kate Gosselin sues Jon Gosselin; alleges hacking
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Reality TV star Kate Gosselin has filed a lawsuit accusing her ex-husband, Jon, of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her phone and computer to get material for a tell-all book.
The federal lawsuit says he took the material for a book called "Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World."
The suit, filed Monday in Philadelphia, says the book was written by her ex-husband's friend, tabloid writer Robert Hoffman, but has since been pulled from Amazon because the material was obtained illegally.
The couple starred in the TV show "Jon & Kate Plus 8," detailing life with their twins and sextuplets, before they separated in 2009 and later divorced.
She lives in Sinking Spring, while he lives in Wyomissing. Both are in Berks County, outside Philadelphia.
A lawyer who once represented Jon Gosselin did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
pennsylvania news, philadelphia, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 47 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 51 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 49 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 45 min ago
- Officials: Valentine's Day pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 3 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures