Kate Gosselin sues Jon Gosselin; alleges hacking
PHILADELPHIA - August 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- Reality TV star Kate Gosselin has filed a lawsuit accusing her ex-husband, Jon, of stealing her hard drive and hacking into her phone and computer to get material for a tell-all book.
The federal lawsuit says he took the material for a book called "Kate Gosselin: How She Fooled the World."
The suit, filed Monday in Philadelphia, says the book was written by her ex-husband's friend, tabloid writer Robert Hoffman, but has since been pulled from Amazon because the material was obtained illegally.
The couple starred in the TV show "Jon & Kate Plus 8," detailing life with their twins and sextuplets, before they separated in 2009 and later divorced.
She lives in Sinking Spring, while he lives in Wyomissing. Both are in Berks County, outside Philadelphia.
A lawyer who once represented Jon Gosselin did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
pennsylvania news, philadelphia, kate gosselin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 13 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 19 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 21 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 8 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
13 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
19 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
8 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
12 min ago