Eads taking leave from 'CSI,' return uncertain
NEW YORK (AP) - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The investigators on CBS's "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will be without forensic scientist Nick Stokes for a while.
CBS said Wednesday that George Eads is taking a leave of absence after appearing in the show's first three episodes of the upcoming season.Eads has portrayed Stokes since the series premiere in 2000. It's unclear when or if he'll return. CBS won't comment on a Hollywood Reporter story that Eads got into an argument with a writer on the show about his character.
Eads' manager hasn't returned messages seeking comment. "CSI" was the 20th most popular show on TV last week, watched by 5.8 million people.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 4 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 11 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 11 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
11 min ago