Eads taking leave from 'CSI,' return uncertain
NEW YORK (AP) - August 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- The investigators on CBS's "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" will be without forensic scientist Nick Stokes for a while.
CBS said Wednesday that George Eads is taking a leave of absence after appearing in the show's first three episodes of the upcoming season.Eads has portrayed Stokes since the series premiere in 2000. It's unclear when or if he'll return. CBS won't comment on a Hollywood Reporter story that Eads got into an argument with a writer on the show about his character.
Eads' manager hasn't returned messages seeking comment. "CSI" was the 20th most popular show on TV last week, watched by 5.8 million people.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 48 min ago