Fox's O'Reilly: I made wrong claim about march
NEW YORK (AP) - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly is apologizing for incorrectly claiming that no Republicans were invited to participate in ceremonies marking the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington for civil rights.
In his on-air apology Thursday, O'Reilly said it was a reminder to check the facts before making a definitive statement. He had made the claim on Wednesday's show, the day of the Washington ceremony. In fact, Republican House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor were invited but did not attend. Former President George W. Bush sent a statement.O'Reilly said the mistake was on him - that he just assumed no Republicans were invited.
But O'Reilly said the Republicans made a mistake, too. He said they should have been there.
bill oreilly, republicans, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 43 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ