Doctor: Valerie Harper's cancer close to remission
NEW YORK (AP) - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Valerie Harper's doctor says the actress' brain cancer is getting close to remission.
The 74-year-old former sitcom star had announced in March that she had an incurable form of cancer and was given as little as three months to live. She's still here - and working, hired for a TV movie that filmed this month.Dr. Jeremy Rudnick said Thursday on NBC's "Today" show that Harper has defied the odds. But he says the problem is that Harper's prognosis can change at any time.
He and Harper agree that life is about buying time.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1