Doctor: Valerie Harper's cancer close to remission
NEW YORK (AP) - August 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Valerie Harper's doctor says the actress' brain cancer is getting close to remission.
The 74-year-old former sitcom star had announced in March that she had an incurable form of cancer and was given as little as three months to live. She's still here - and working, hired for a TV movie that filmed this month.Dr. Jeremy Rudnick said Thursday on NBC's "Today" show that Harper has defied the odds. But he says the problem is that Harper's prognosis can change at any time.
He and Harper agree that life is about buying time.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 54 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 13 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 25 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 21 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
21 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos