'Fifty Shades of Grey' gets cast
NEW YORK (AP) - September 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- The big-screen adaptation of E L James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" has cast its lead roles.
Charlie Hunnam will play the 27-year-old billionaire Christian Grey, and Dakota Johnson will play the college student he captivates, Anastasia Steele. Focus Features and Universal Pictures announced the castings Monday.
The 23-year-old Johnson is the daughter of actors Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith. She has had small roles in "The Social Network" and "21 Jump Street."
The 33-year-old British actor Hunnam starred in this summer's robot-monster battle "Pacific Rim." He currently stars in the FX series "Sons of Anarchy."
Directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson, the film is to be released next August.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 10 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ