Miley Cyrus on VMAs performance: 'That's just me'
NEW YORK (AP) - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Miley Cyrus says in an interview clip that she doesn't listen to the negative comments regarding her performance on the MTV Video Music Awards.
The pop star says she felt she and Robin Thicke were making history with the risque performance of their hits "We Can't Stop" and "Blurred Lines."The comments were Cyrus' first since the Aug. 25 show. The clip was recorded last week and posted Tuesday morning on MTV's website. Cyrus compares the performance to that of Madonna and Britney Spears, who once kissed on air.
Cyrus says she is surprised people were still talking about it three days later: "You're thinking about it more than I thought about it when I did it. I didn't even think about it because that's just me."
miley cyrus, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say 37 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 17 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally