Monae to sing live Fashion Week runway soundtrack
NEW YORK (AP) - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Models on Rebecca Minkoff's New York Fashion Week runway will be strutting to the live music of Janelle Monae.
Monae will sing at Friday's show at Lincoln Center as part of "American Express Unstaged," a program that pairs artists of different mediums and makes their collaborations available to the public through digital media, including a live stream of the catwalk.Minkoff and Monae will share behind-the-scenes preparations on Instagram, and during the show, viewers at home can get an insider perspective with a backstage camera and live photo feed.
Monae, herself a CoverGirl model, has a new album called "The Electric Lady" that will be released Sept. 10. Minkoff will be showing her collection for next spring. The live stream will be Friday at 3 p.m. EDT.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's wife hit by accidental gun discharge 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 11 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 1 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more