Monae to sing live Fashion Week runway soundtrack
NEW YORK (AP) - September 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Models on Rebecca Minkoff's New York Fashion Week runway will be strutting to the live music of Janelle Monae.
Monae will sing at Friday's show at Lincoln Center as part of "American Express Unstaged," a program that pairs artists of different mediums and makes their collaborations available to the public through digital media, including a live stream of the catwalk.Minkoff and Monae will share behind-the-scenes preparations on Instagram, and during the show, viewers at home can get an insider perspective with a backstage camera and live photo feed.
Monae, herself a CoverGirl model, has a new album called "The Electric Lady" that will be released Sept. 10. Minkoff will be showing her collection for next spring. The live stream will be Friday at 3 p.m. EDT.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 27 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa 47 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom