Bruno Mars to sing at halftime of Super Bowl
NEW YORK (AP) - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will perform at halftime of the Super Bowl.
The NFL made the announcement ahead of the kickoff of games on Sunday, with Mars joined by FOX co-host Terry Bradshaw and analyst Michael Strahan in Times Square.
The league's championship game will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Mars is one of pop music's top acts, with several No. 1 hits including his most recent, "When I Was Your Man."
The 27-year-old singer-songwriter-producer was honored for best male video and choreography for "Treasure" at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.
Halftime shows have drawn more than 100 million television viewers in the United States in past years.
music, super bowl, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish