Bruno Mars to sing at halftime of Super Bowl
NEW YORK (AP) - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will perform at halftime of the Super Bowl.
The NFL made the announcement ahead of the kickoff of games on Sunday, with Mars joined by FOX co-host Terry Bradshaw and analyst Michael Strahan in Times Square.
The league's championship game will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Mars is one of pop music's top acts, with several No. 1 hits including his most recent, "When I Was Your Man."
The 27-year-old singer-songwriter-producer was honored for best male video and choreography for "Treasure" at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.
Halftime shows have drawn more than 100 million television viewers in the United States in past years.
music, super bowl, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
59 min ago