Bruno Mars to sing at halftime of Super Bowl
NEW YORK (AP) - September 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will perform at halftime of the Super Bowl.
The NFL made the announcement ahead of the kickoff of games on Sunday, with Mars joined by FOX co-host Terry Bradshaw and analyst Michael Strahan in Times Square.
The league's championship game will be played Feb. 2 at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.
Mars is one of pop music's top acts, with several No. 1 hits including his most recent, "When I Was Your Man."
The 27-year-old singer-songwriter-producer was honored for best male video and choreography for "Treasure" at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.
Halftime shows have drawn more than 100 million television viewers in the United States in past years.
music, super bowl, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 16 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 10 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 8 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 28 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
10 min ago