Elton John at iTunes fest: 'Magical to be alive'
LONDON (AP) - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sir Elton John showed the iTunes generation just how it's done.
Sporting a sequin-encrusted tailcoat, the five-time Grammy award winner gave a slick, flamboyant performance Thursday night at the iTunes Festival in London, mixing new material with longtime crowd pleasers including "Rocket Man," ''I'm Still Standing" and "Tiny Dancer."
Following a recent health scare with appendicitis, the 66-year-old musician told the crowd "this is a magical time to be alive."
He says "I love music now more than I ever did."
He also gave a shout out to singer Harry Styles in the audience, saying "I love One Direction!" - before closing with "Your Song," a tribute to his partner David Furnish.
John's new album, "The Diving Board," is being released Sept. 24.
The iTunes Festival continues until Sept. 30.
elton john, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police seek missing woman and her baby 8 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 27 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 27 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's