Carlos Santana escapes unharmed in Vegas accident
LAS VEGAS (AP) - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say Carlos Santana drove into an unoccupied parked car near an upscale area of Las Vegas, but escaped injury.
The Grammy-winning superstar was headed home alone when the accident occurred Friday night in Summerlin.
Police Lt. Ken Romane told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that it's uncertain whether a sobriety field test was conducted, but Santana was not driving under the influence.
Romane did not know the make of Santana's vehicle or the extent of damage to it and the parked car. Romane said the accident was "minor."
According to his concert schedule, the 66-year-old Santana performed on Thursday and Saturday nights but not on Friday night.
Santana has won 15 Grammys and is best known for the album "Supernatural," which has sold more than 25 million copies.
accident, las vegas, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 36 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 25 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 55 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 59 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars