Carlos Santana escapes unharmed in Vegas accident
LAS VEGAS (AP) - September 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say Carlos Santana drove into an unoccupied parked car near an upscale area of Las Vegas, but escaped injury.
The Grammy-winning superstar was headed home alone when the accident occurred Friday night in Summerlin.
Police Lt. Ken Romane told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that it's uncertain whether a sobriety field test was conducted, but Santana was not driving under the influence.
Romane did not know the make of Santana's vehicle or the extent of damage to it and the parked car. Romane said the accident was "minor."
According to his concert schedule, the 66-year-old Santana performed on Thursday and Saturday nights but not on Friday night.
Santana has won 15 Grammys and is best known for the album "Supernatural," which has sold more than 25 million copies.
accident, las vegas, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident 1 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
1 min ago