Britney Spears announces Las Vegas residency
NEW YORK (AP) - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- Britney Spears is heading to Las Vegas.
The pop star announced a 16-date residency at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday. "Britney: Piece of Me" will debut Dec. 27.
Spears was in the Nevada desert for the announcement with more than 1,000 fans. Some dressed like the singer's signature schoolgirl look from her "... Baby One More Time" music video.
The Grammy-winning singer's confirmation about the residency comes months after rumors swirled online. She said in an interview that the show will feature her greatest hits as well as new material.
"I'm definitely ready," she said, adding that she's training five hours each day.
Tickets for "Britney: Piece of Me" go on sale Sept. 20. Prices range from $59 to $179.
The 31-year-old Spears also released a new song, "Work (Expletive)," this week. The song is from her upcoming eighth album, which will include songs about her ex-fiance Jason Trawick.
"They suck," she said. "Breakups suck."
britney spears, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 4 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow possible Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for missing jet expands toward Indian Ocean
- Drunk driving suspected in Center City crash
- Fire damages Flap Jacks restaurant on City Avenue
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Pictures of suspects in Logan murder
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
4 min ago