Ellen Pompeo: 'The Emmys felt so dated to me'
NEW YORK (AP) - September 23, 2013 (WPVI) -- Ellen Pompeo wasn't a fan of this year's Emmy Awards show.
The 43-year-old actress says she "was really disappointed" by Sunday's telecast.
"I didn't see any diversity in the Emmys at all. The Emmys felt so dated to me," she said in an interview Monday. "... That dance number was embarrassing. Did you see one person of color in that dance number?"
"Grey's Anatomy" is one of the more diverse shows on television, which Pompeo says is one of her favorite things about the series.
"I'm extremely proud of our very, very diverse cast which represents the world that I walk around in every day," she said.
"Grey's Anatomy" is now in its 10th season on ABC. The new season will premiere Thursday.
emmy awards, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 52 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Video: Prankster glues woman to Home Depot toilet
- Nelson Mandela lies in state in Pretoria,...
22 min ago