'Sesame Street' actor loses palimony case in New Jersey
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) - September 25, 2013 (WPVI) -- For an actor on "Sesame Street," the letter P is for palimony.
A judge in New Jersey has ordered Roscoe Orman, who plays Gordon on the children's TV show, to continue paying palimony to the mother of his four children even though the unmarried former couple never agreed to anything in writing.
The 71-year-old broke up with 61-year-old Sharon Joiner-Orman in 2010 after 39 years together and married another woman in 2012.
The judge found that Orman did not deny the agreement and acknowledged the obligation by deeds and words.
Joiner-Orman's attorney, Charles Cohen, tells The Star-Ledger of Newark the couple was "in all respects husband and wife."
Orman's lawyer, Thomas McDonough, plans to appeal because a 2010 law requires palimony agreements to be in writing under advice of attorneys.
sesame street, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 51 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 12 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 38 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Brisk And Cold
44 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
51 min ago
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
12 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
38 min ago