Bynes' lawyer hopes for resolution to NY bong case
NEW YORK (AP) - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lawyer for troubled star Amanda Bynes says he thinks her New York bong-throwing case will be resolved soon.
The actress didn't appear in court Thursday. She remains in a psychiatric hospital in California.
She was charged earlier this year with reckless endangerment and marijuana possession. Police say they saw her heave a bong from her 36th floor Manhattan apartment.
She has pleaded not guilty to drunken driving in California. Her attorney there argued Wednesday that she needed a competency hearing.
New York attorney Gerald Shargel says he's working with prosecutors to resolve the case. That could mean charges would be dropped if she agrees to stay out of trouble.
amanda bynes, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold tonight 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 39 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
1 min ago