George Clooney hopes government shutdown ends soon
NEW YORK (AP) - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- George Clooney knows the country is going through a tough time with the partial government shutdown. But the actor is optimistic that "cooler heads will prevail" and things will get back to normal.
He applauded Congressman Peter King, a New York Republican, as one of the "guys on the right," saying he's trying to get the government back up and running.
Clooney says: "I know for a fact that there's a lot of guys on the right, Peter King, for instance, and some people like that, who are also doing the best they can to stop this from happening or to put an end to it."
He adds: "You just hope that it happens soon."
King has spoken out against Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, a tea party conservative from Texas who delayed action on the temporary spending bill.
Clooney made the comments at the New York premiere of his new film, "Gravity."
george clooney, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 31 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd 22 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar