George Clooney hopes government shutdown ends soon
NEW YORK (AP) - October 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- George Clooney knows the country is going through a tough time with the partial government shutdown. But the actor is optimistic that "cooler heads will prevail" and things will get back to normal.
He applauded Congressman Peter King, a New York Republican, as one of the "guys on the right," saying he's trying to get the government back up and running.
Clooney says: "I know for a fact that there's a lot of guys on the right, Peter King, for instance, and some people like that, who are also doing the best they can to stop this from happening or to put an end to it."
He adds: "You just hope that it happens soon."
King has spoken out against Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, a tea party conservative from Texas who delayed action on the temporary spending bill.
Clooney made the comments at the New York premiere of his new film, "Gravity."
george clooney, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 8 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 41 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 31 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
3 min ago