Sinead to Miley: Don't be sexually exploited
LONDON (AP) - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Irish chanteuse Sinead O'Connor has waded into the Miley Cyrus controversy, warning the young singer to avoid being sexually exploited by the music industry.
O'Connor Thursday posted an open letter to Cyrus after Cyrus told journalists she had modeled her "Wrecking Ball" video on O'Connor's famous "Nothing Compares 2 U."
She warns the former "Hannah Montana" star that it would be self-defeating to market her sexuality.
"I am extremely concerned for you that those around you have led you to believe, or encouraged you in your own belief, that it is in any way 'cool' to be naked and licking sledgehammers in your videos," O'Connor writes in reference to the sexually charged "Wrecking Ball" video.
She also cautions Cyrus that the music business will exploit her and then abandon her.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos