Jane Fonda to receive AFI achievement award
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jane Fonda will receive the American Film Institute's 42nd Life Achievement Award, one of Hollywood's most prestigious career honors.
"Jane Fonda is American film royalty," AFI chairman Howard Stringer said in a statement released Thursday. "A bright light first introduced to the world as the daughter of Henry Fonda, the world watched as she found her own voice and forged her own path."
At 75, Fonda's career hasn't slowed, including roles in "Lee Daniels' The Butler" and HBO's "The Newsroom."
Fonda drew the ire of many Americans when she visited North Vietnam at the height of the Vietnam War, leaving a stigma that would last for decades.
The AFI award will be presented at a star-studded gala on June 5, 2014, to be televised later that month on TNT.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos