Jane Fonda to receive AFI achievement award
LOS ANGELES (AP) - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jane Fonda will receive the American Film Institute's 42nd Life Achievement Award, one of Hollywood's most prestigious career honors.
"Jane Fonda is American film royalty," AFI chairman Howard Stringer said in a statement released Thursday. "A bright light first introduced to the world as the daughter of Henry Fonda, the world watched as she found her own voice and forged her own path."
At 75, Fonda's career hasn't slowed, including roles in "Lee Daniels' The Butler" and HBO's "The Newsroom."
Fonda drew the ire of many Americans when she visited North Vietnam at the height of the Vietnam War, leaving a stigma that would last for decades.
The AFI award will be presented at a star-studded gala on June 5, 2014, to be televised later that month on TNT.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School 46 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 44 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 26 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 30 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 11 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
30 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos