Steve Earle to perform at Lennon charity tribute
NEW YORK (AP) - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Steve Earle will perform at the 33rd annual John Lennon charity tribute concert in New York City in December.
The nonprofit Theatre Within made the announcement Wednesday, on what would have been Lennon's 73rd birthday.
Mavericks lead singer Raul Malo, Bettye LaVette and Marc Cohn will also perform at Symphony Space for the Dec. 6 event.
Yoko Ono said in a statement that "it's beautiful that Theatre Within continues to honor John's memory."
Proceeds will benefit Lennon and Ono's Spirit Foundations. Ticket prices are $65, $85 and $105.
Teddy Thompson, Dana Fuch, Joan Osborne, Toshi Reagon and Rich Pagano of the Fab Faux will also perform Lennon classics at the concert.
music, john lennon, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 33 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 48 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 56 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 43 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 33 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
33 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
28 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos