Hayden Panettiere engaged to Wladimir Klitschko
NEW YORK (AP) - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- "Nashville" star Hayden Panettiere (pan-uh-tee-EHR') is confirming her engagement to Olympic boxer Wladimir Klitschko.
Appearing on Wednesday's "Live with Kelly and Michael," the 24-year-old actress was flashing a large diamond ring that prompted host Kelly Rip to inquire what it might signify.
Panettiere confirmed she's engaged as the studio audience cheered. She added that she and longtime boyfriend Klitschko haven't set a wedding date.
Panettiere made her entrance on the show wearing a huge, live boa constrictor meant to startle host Michael Strahan, who is not a snake fancier.
Clearly Panettiere's ring, and big news, upstaged even her pet reptile. On ABC's "Nashville," Panettiere plays scheming up-and-coming country music star Juliette Barnes.
abc, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos