McCartney gives impromptu concert in Times Square
NEW YORK (AP) - October 11, 2013 (WPVI) -- Paul McCartney is on a roll this week.
A day after performing at a New York City high school, the ex-Beatle surprised fans Thursday with an impromptu concert in Times Square.
McCartney announced the concert on Twitter and then arrived by taxi at the "Crossroads of the World" an hour later.
Despite the short notice, thousands of fans flocked to the busy midtown-Manhattan intersection for the lunchtime concert.
The 71-year-old rocker sang four songs from his latest album "New" from a trailer parked on West 46th Street and Broadway.
He joked: "Let's do this the same time tomorrow."
On Wednesday, McCartney performed and took questions from students at the Frank Sinatra High School in Queens. He was celebrating his second wedding anniversary with Nancy Shevell.
paul mccartney, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 39 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 40 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle 4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos