Bullock, Roberts crowned at Hollywood Film Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - October 22, 2013 (WPVI) -- Award season has launched early this year as the movie industry's hometown gives out its own film awards.
Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Harrison Ford, Jerry Weintraub and Lee Daniels received top honors at the 17th annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala held on Monday at The Beverly Hilton.
Each recipient was presented with an award by esteemed cohorts as the stars enjoyed the untelevised, and unedited, evening.
Robert Downey Jr. praised Jared Leto's work in "Dallas Buyers Club" when presenting him with the "Breakout Performance" award. "August: Osage County" actress Julia Roberts accepted her supporting actress award while barefoot.
"12 Years a Slave" actress Lupita Nyong'o offered a tearful speech in accepting her "New Hollywood Award."
There is talk of televising the show next year.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 5 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!